"THE BLACKER THE BERRY THE SWEETER THE JUICE/
I SAY THE DARKER THE FLESH,THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS!"
TUPAC SAYS

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY SUPREME!

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY SUPREME!

"BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL" -NEW YORK CITY STREET SAYING

"BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!
BROWN IS HIP,
PUERTO RICAN IS OKAY
BUT white AIN'T S___T!"

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY OOO!

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY OOO!

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY OOO!

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY OOO!

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY SUPREME

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY SUPREME
BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY SUPREME!

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY SUPREME

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY SUPREME

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY

BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY

Search This Blog

Pages

WE MUST HAVE A BLACK STANDARD OF BEAUTY BASED ON THE BLACK SKINNED BLACKEST WOMAN

Monday, March 28, 2011

GABOUREY SIDIBE-OUR BLACK SKINNED BEAUTY IS "THE CAPTAIN OF HER SHIP!|

Gabourey Sidibe: “I’m Captain of This Ship – Without a First Mate!”

She might not fit the mold of a Hollywood starlet, but Gabourey Sidibe is bowling ‘em over anyway!
“Growing up, there weren’t a lot of actresses and singers who looked like me,” admits the breakout star of the gritty drama Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire in V magazine’s Size Issue (on sale Jan. 14.). That’s why her costar Mo’Nique, who plays her mother in the film, has been such an inspiration to the 26-year-old student-turned-actress.
8 Things You Should Know about Gabby Sidibe
“There were no real times that I thought maybe I can do it until Mo’Nique came along,” reveals Brooklyn-born Gabby. “She’s a plus-sized woman who didn’t care about one day being skinny. All my life I’ve been hearing that I’ll never amount to anything until I am skinny. And she disproved everything that everyone has ever told me.”
With a Golden Globe nomination and tons of Oscar buzz for her role in Precious, Gabby admits, “My life is so much different than I ever imagined it being.”
For example, she’s gained confidence and a thicker skin along the way.
Take a look at Gabby's style evolution

“I used to get hurt so badly. Any bit of criticism, I would cry. But at some point I just realized, I count more than anyone else, or anybody’s opinion, because I’m living my life — I’m captain of this ship, without a first mate. And I really, really like who I am. I really, really dig me.”
Did you see Gabby's performance in Precious? Think she deserves an Oscar? Talk back below.
Follow Twinkle on Twitter.

Comments

If you know more about this story, contact us at tips@starmagazine.com or 1-800-609-8312
lol..at everyone
the movie was okay,but i don't see oscar,there was nothing exceptional,we all know these kind of things happens every day in someone's life.it's a sad fact.
finally!!!! a real girl in a fake world! love it!
Glamorizing obesity is just plane wrong and unhealthy!!!!
Absolutely beautiful-inside & out! Wishing her the best
Preface: We live in an existential age of alienation. We are strangers to each other until we take time to get to know each other better and, frankly, that takes work. Cinema is a short cut to viewing ourselves as a people. “In order to understand the world, one has to turn away from it on occasion.” Albert Camus
The actress Gabourey Sidibe was born in 1983 in Brooklyn, New York. She became known for her movie debut portraying the main character in Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire.
Gabby once made a memorable statement about the publicÂ’s perception of her: "They try to paint the picture that I was this downtrodden, ugly girl who was unpopular in school and in life, and then I got this role and now I'm awesome. But the truth is that I've been awesome, and then I got this role."...
http://psychicnahu.blogspot.com/2009/12/gabourey-sidibe-rare-gift.html
did'nt watch the movie. the previews reminded me too much of a welfare mentality..............
THIS IS A REAL WOMEN! STOP SHOWING THOSE SKANKY SKINNY GIRLS AND MAKING US BIG WOMEN FEEL LIKE SHIT! THIS IS WHAT A REAL WOMEN LOOKS LIKE! EXCEPT US AMERICA!!!!
yes she deserves an Oscar folks are so prejudiced against not only race but size along with the grade of hair and length of hair BRAVO to Gabby she is beautiful inside and out!!!!!I am sure Tyler Perry is watching you God has opened up the door now walk boldly on through!!!!!
I love her spunk, I haven't been able to see the movie yet, but I saw an interview she gave and I think she is fun and deserving of all her success.

No comments: