- Chris Brown treats Nigerian fans to a night of lewd lyrics, mad music and dance
- Top earning entertainers of 2012 – The definitive list
- The 13 best apps that any iPad Or iPad Mini owner should have
- Photos: Agbani Darego, Uti Nwachukwu, Alex Ekubo join the fun at CARNIRIV 2012
- Brandy is engaged, to wed for the first time!
- PHOTOS: What was Banky W up to on XMAS day?
- VIDEO: Chris Brown dances to D’banj’s ‘Oliver twist’
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Brown paid $1m for Lagos gig
- Nollywood at 20: 20 Nollywood movies we’ll never forget
- LETTER TO GOD: Please let my mother die
EXCLUSIVE: Chris Brown paid $1m for Lagos gig
The Lagos event, built into Brown’s on-going world tour, was organised by Kilimanjaro Events – same company that promoted Rick Ross and Anita Baker in the past.
Financial details were not made public, but we found that Oando boss Wale Tinubu was a major financier, as well as Etisalat, which provided last minute sponsorship.
Brown was to make a brief appearance at the Oando end-of-year gig, but we’re told that did not happen.
It was Brown’s second time in Nigeria, the first being for a THISDAY Music Festival performance a few years ago.
Sources told us the fees ‘could have been more’ if he was required to perform with a live band or if he had to do multiple venues or cities.
Although he performed with a DJ and backing track, with two back-up singers and four dancers, he gave a good account of himself, treating fans to almost two hours of a well-planned set that left guests asking for more.
Chris Brown’s tour will continue early next year with a scheduled performance in Cote D’Ivoire.